The Directorate of Student Financial Assistance & University Advancement (SFA & UA) serves as a catalyst to support University of Azad Jammu & Kashmir (UAJK) in fundraising, establishing publicprivate linkages, help the students to meet financial requirements for their education, providing career services to students and developing alumni engagement programs.
Financial Assistance is provided to enhance opportunities for access to higher education especially to talented but financially constrained students who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. The Student Financial Assistance Section is responsible to:
1. Streamline financial assistance mechanisms for the meritorious and financially deprived students of the society;
2. Promote transparency in financial assistance programs;
3. Developing linkages with the community; industry, alumni, donor agencies and charitable organizations for raising funds for the Students and the University endowment fund.
In this regard following main scholarship programs are being offered to the students:
1. Prime Minister's Tuition Fee Reimbursement Program for Selected Regions
2. Pak-USAID Merit and Needs Based Scholarship Program
3. HEC Need Based Scholarship Program
4. Ihsan Trust Qarz e Hasna Scheme
5. HEC French Need Based Scholarship
6. HBL Foundation Scholarship
7. Punjab Educational Endowment Fund Scholarship
Kh. Aftab Qadir Kant
Syed Murad Hussain
Students, selected for admission to various courses/ programmes can apply for departmental merit scholarships paid to three merit holders. In the final year, scholarship is awarded on merit in the previous term. The scholarship is granted for a maximum period of 12 calendar months. Some scholarships from donor agencies as mentioned below are also available to students:
Note: A student is eligible for only one kind of scholarship at a time. The scholarship committee invites application from the students for the grant of scholarships on merit basis.